Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

BMC SLT01..First impression

Triva...BMC, who has done a great job portraying itself as the quintessential road brand, actually started out as Bob's Mountain Company.

I've always been a bit puzzled by BMCs. I can remember the first time I saw the frame and that if was fugly!

But I've read the reviews, and in the case of this bike, the deal was what sold me. It was a deal I could not pass up. If I had I would be kicking myself for eternity.

I've only put 43 miles on the bike, so this may be a bit premature, but all I can say at this point is WOW!  The more I ride it, the more I want it.

Amazing bike. Light, fast, and comfortable. Stiff and alive, and handles rough roughs great. The bike feels like it would move by itself. I may even has a sprint now! Every bit of energy applied to the pedals is transformed into forward motion. It hasnt seem much climbing,  but I feel it's going to be incredible on the hills. (It’s screaming “Take me to the Hocking Hills”!) Bike is stable and predictable.

Another plus..it gets attention. This is not your Dad's bike. I'm not riding the same bike everyone else is. I’ve come to enjoy its head turning capability and emotion that stirs within me every time I see it. It’s nice being the centre of attention, even though it’s not me, but the bike!

In the past, I've always said it's the machine and not the motor. Well, I thinking differently now (maybe I'm trying to justify the money spent, but hey, it was a steal! And after all the years and miles, I think I was deserving)

4427231070_e31c3a5a22_b

No comments: