Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where did summer go?

Well, actually it is still here.. but the weather is certainly indicating a change coming soon. Seems like it was only a few weeks ago that we were celebrating Memorial Day.

After a crappy start of the year, and a brutal February,  we got a thaw late in the month of Feb. In fact, I haven't been on the trainer since Feb 24. Nothing but road miles since then. And thirty pounds lighter.

Now come the time to pull out the winter riding gear. This morning's ride was the coolest I've seen since May as it was 48 degree when I rolled out. But it was a beautiful day, with really deep blue skies!

Today's ride


Last year, after having been unemployed all summer, I was totally burnt out. This year is different. I'm feeling more motivated and more energized than I was two months ago. With the cooler weather coming up, I've got to make sure I keep it up. I've worked too hard to get where I am now

No comments: